"A haiku is a short poem recording the essence of a moment keenly perceived in which Nature is linked to human nature."
- Cor Van Den Heuvel

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Papyrus Treat

The Papyrus Editors did a special Valentine Haiku for this week's edition... here are some tasty treats for you.

hey, Valentines day
sometimes you give me candy
…or a broken heart


- Mine

fat man in diapers
shot an arrow in my heart
how does that mean love?

- Katie B


was asked on a date,
very unconventional
found out through Facebook

- Katie G


I wish I could give
something better for V-day
than this dumb haiku

- Rachel Brown


haiku has meter
a very rigid rule set
I don't give a crap
about it

- Jakob Lewis


Oh, how precious!
crisp red paper
in little heart shapes

today is the day
that we say to ourselves
how much am i loved?

- Steph Plant


buy coffee for two
for real cheap - are they doing
that again this year?

I want to be with
you forever and ever
and ever and ev...

- Thomas Johnson

No comments: