"A haiku is a short poem recording the essence of a moment keenly perceived in which Nature is linked to human nature."
- Cor Van Den Heuvel

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lent and the effects thereof

So... even though this is entitled "Haiku a day" I haven't realllllly done that, have I? Therefore, with angels and archangels, and with all the inhabitants of heaven as my witnesses, for Lent I will take up the practice of actually writing at least one haiku a day. 40 in total. Sunday still is cheat day. I'm already off the sauce (Diet Coke) so what else do I have to do with my time? Here's two to make up for yesterday, which was actually the first day.


trained by Oregon Trail,
fording the river
in front of my apartment

"winter showers bring survival skillz"


illinois weather...
grandma changes
her mind again

1 comment:

curtispaulelliott said...

i am not down with weak (wo)man's lent (the kind where you can indulge on sunday).